Wednesday, November 12, 2014

CONNECT

The most important about thing about this job is building RELATIONSHIPS.  People come to us for inspiration, guidance and they trust us to lead them to to a healthier, fitter lifestyle.  I am sure that there are plenty of people that can read a book and take a test that says they know about the human body.  There are also plenty of people that "workout", but what I do is so much more.

I am constantly busting my butt to learn & grow.  I do this so I can teach.  So I can take that knowledge and relay a message.  The same things can be taught by multiple people but the tone, the energy, the intent, the language & the outcome are all entirely different.
CONNECT with the people you teach.  Learn about them, ask about them, make sure that what they are doing is inspiring them to come back for more. Positive reinforcement goes a long way.  Laughter goes even farther.

This business to me isn't about impressing my colleagues. I do hope that happens at times, but trainers can't lose sight of the client experience.  What you know does not matter if you cannot share it.   If you can reach just ONE person in each class you have accomplished something.  If you can increase their knowledge of how their body works or how they can improve their quality of life, you have won.  

The beginning of all of it comes form your PERSONALITY.  
That cannot be taught.  PASSION cannot be taught.  
Knowledge is attainable. Authenticity is as obvious. Inspiration is infectious.

BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT TO SEE IN THE WORLD.
IF YOU ARE LEADING, BE A LEADER
MENTOR, SHARE & APPRECIATE

#SETTHEBAR
@nikewomen
NIKE Master Trainer
#NTC
NIKE TRAINING CLUB
#JOINTHECLUB

No comments:

Post a Comment