you know that feeling when you just cant stop yourself
from reaching for that cookie or that piece of chocolate?
why is this happening, "i have been able to avoid it before?"
dont you fret your pretty little noggin
this behavior is COMPLETELY normal
i am reading about our nations weight problem in
"THE END TO OVEREATING"
new fad diets are always developed
but the cause of the overeating:
the abuse of your bodies, is rarely communicated
how did we ORIGINALLY lose control of our eating?
what set us off? why do we need the comfort?
why do we think we DESERVE a reward?
"readjusting your expectations about food requires gaining new perspective."
we lose track of what we need to feel satisfied
have you ever noticed that while you are eating dinner your mind is already on dessert?
no bueno....ding...stop that
can gaining a sense of control be its own reward?
FOOD REHAB is
reconstructing our environment
& strengthening our behavior
to support our new learning
& pursuit of rewards
would you like to know the steps,
the process known as
1. conditioned hypereating (CH) is a biological challenge, not a character flaw. recovery is impossible until we stop viewing overeating as an absence of willpower.
2. treating CH means recognizing it as a chronic problem that needs to be managed, not one that can be completely cured.
3. every time we act on our desire for sugar, fat & salt, and earn a reward as a result, it becomes harder for us to act differently the next time.
we have a cue-urge-reward-habit cycle
4. the lose of control that characterizes CH is magnified by diets that leave us feeling deprived
5. new learning can stick only when it generates a feeling of satisfaction. we cant sustain a change in behavior if it leaves us hungry, unhappy, angry, or resentful
6. restoring control over eating requires us to take a comprehensive approach, one that has many interlocking steps. to gain the upper hand, we need strategies that address the multiple behavior, cognitive, and nutritional elements of CH
7. eventually we can begin to think differently about food, recognize its value to sustain us and protect us from hunger & denying it the authority to govern our lives.
habits arent easy to change
so be patient
but listen to your body
& notice how certain foods make you feel
notice your energy dips & spikes
you must replace chaos with structure
we all know that a planned meal is better than a last minute
pull over to the side of the road
because we are starving, type of deal
PLAN THINGS, make your energy and your body a priority
execution works best with strategy/mental rehearsal
cognitive & motivational benefits
envision strategies, routines & game plans before execution
enhance you sense of competence & self confidence
....basically rehearsal reduces the chaos
stay out of high risk environments
implant your intentions
be focused on the task at hand, not external stimuli
solidify your commitment
maintain control over your thoughts
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU
YOU CAN HAVE THE BEACH BODY YOU WANT
WHEN YOU GET THAT BOD< KEEP IT
WITH GREAT POWER COMES GREAT
KNOW THAT YOUR HEALTH IS MORE IMPORTANT THEN THE INSTANT
GRATIFICATION OF A SWEET OR SALTY TASTE
BE PROUD OF WHO YOU ARE FROM THE INSIDE OUT
MAKE YOUR OUTSIDE LOOK AS GOOD AS YOUR INSIDES DO
ALLOW YOUR INSIDES TO BE A PAMPERED AS MUCH AS YOUR OUTSIDES