Monday, September 16, 2013

focus on NOW



being the SPIRITUAL GANGSTER that i am 
i jumped on the 1 train this am to attended a YOGAWORKS level 1/2 vinyasa 
my eyes puffy from cat allergies
and my tushie soar from yesterday's BARRE CLASS.
breathing in the damp fall NYC air helped launch me forward

the 4 flight walk up to the 65th street yoga studio
made me question......why am i here again? 
should i just go get a gigantic 450 calorie scone & a pumpkin spiced latte?



COMMIT DAMNIT

i brought myself back to the work i have been doing 
wait just a minute! i know whats going on here!
IT HIT ME
the recognition of fighting what we need intinsticutally because it makes up uncomfortable
PONDER THAT.....can you remember a time you talked yourself out of something good?

the LANDMARK FORM taught me many things
of the most interesting was that when we start to tap into our subconscious our brains will try everything/anything to keep that for happening.  
the most common to almost SHUT OFF.  
during a prominent part of the seminar my teacher stated,
"this is the part where everyone starts yawning & falling asleep.  WHY? because we are getting into it.  we are staring to open the subconscious & unlock the part of your brain that keeps you in your habitual patterns" 

sometimes our brains will start talking to us about why we dont need to listen
we start wondering & making excuses.
has that ever happened to you?
it is MIND BLOWING when you catch yourself
even comical....you wonder if you have control at all.

last wk working with the great STEVEN GRIFFITH 
i caught myself about to yawn.....
WTF, oh no you DONT
then i noticed what my brain started saying to me,
"i dont want to do this anymore"
oh it gets better.....then i started telling myself
 "im not even listening" 
(steven, it only happened for about 15 seconds)
 then i mentally told myself to "F off"
and forced the hyper focus back into play.


the energy surrounding my idea of taking an amazing yoga class was lovely
all of a sudden i found myself fighting every step toward the studio 
my brain was even talking shit to myself during class
the teacher made the intention to focus on the PRESENT.

sitting cross legged on my yoga mat with a cozy blanket tucked under my sore tushie
i decided, if it comes up i will use that good old LANDMARK phrase
"THANK YOU FOR SHARING" and move back into being thankful for the PRESENT.

BRING MYSELF BACK TO NOW
TO WHERE I AM
in yoga, showing my body that i love it 
& will take care of it

it is as easy as being thankful for our breath, 
without it we wouldnt be here
being thankful for our healthy bodies, 
healthy minds & wherewithal to take care of yourself

some days are harder than others, but damn it 

I LOVE MY LIFE
why let a sore butt, a freaking cat, or even my brain change my mind
please dont allow yourself to be anything but thankful
find 5 if not 10 things every morning that you have gratitude for
WRITE THEM DOWN
it will ROCK YOUR WORLD, CHANGE YOUR PERSPECTIVE & BUILD SELF LOVE










No comments:

Post a Comment